Saturday, April 3, 2010

For a Season

I think I have finally reached a point in my life, I have lived enough years, gained the necessary amount of maturity, traveled through enough cycles and life stages for the truth to begin to sink in.

Some people really are in our life for only a time and a season.

No matter how influential they have been or how close they have grown to your heart, sometimes they are meant to fade away. The epiphany is that...

That's ok.

Now this epiphany will not stop me from trying to stop it. There are still some relationships I will cling to, knuckles white and teeth bared. Some I will mourn and some I will hope will be renewed. But at least maybe in the future, with this realization I will be able to look back and smile at what was, knowing it was only meant for the past. Maybe I can finally breathe a sigh of goodbye and look to a future of amazing relationships.

6 comments:

  1. Such wisdom in one so young! In addition to the people who go in and out (mostly out) of our lives, we should have no regrets because of what we have learned from each--even the hardest, but most vital lessons. We cannot make people love us, but we can still love them, even if it is at a great distance. It may not affect them, but it will add greatly to our lives. Carry on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kassi,
    It's it strange how that works out? But it's so true. Some times we are only in a person's life for a season or they are only in our life for a time. I guess for me, it just challenges me to never take a minute of my time with my friends, or people in general, for granted and to make the most of every second. Be honest, loving, truthful, gracious, a blessing, a shoulder to cry or lean on, a happy smile to brighten their day, a prayer warrior, or a hand to hold onto. I thank God for all the wonderful friends that He has blessed me with throughout the years. He has placed them in my life, in the right time, with the right words, and the right presence. It's just hard when they're no longer there...or at least in the way that you would like them to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I never really got to know you when we were kids and that is kind of disappointing, over the past week I have had the pleasure of talking to you and learning what a great person you really are. I had plans on writing a long inspirational message here for you but the truth is that it has already been said. I guess the only advice I can give you is don't regret the things that have happen in your past, people come and go as time passes but that does not mean you will lose the memories of those people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. May I first say that I absolutely love the title of your blog Kassi. It is so true that it is the plans He has for us which are the best. You will have heard the old chestnut 'how do you make God laugh - tell Him your plans.' I am so glad that God has the plans for my life. Without Him I would never have married my husband, I spent years avoiding the man but God knew what He was doing and brought us together in the end.
    I hope you don't mind that I emailed the text of your post to my daughter who is still struggling with the concept that some relationships are only for a season and consequently is getting hurt over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your encouragement and compliments, Dawn. I certainly don't mind that you shared this with your daughter. I think letting go is one of the hardest lessons to learn as a human being...and sadly, a lesson we sometimes have to learn multiple times.

    ReplyDelete