Friday, March 26, 2010

Spring Brings "New"

The warm weather and the rest from Spring Break has inspired me. I finally hit the gym...for the first time in MONTHS! And I've gone three days in a row! :D People have been so supportive. Each person has their motivations in getting fit. I finally had too many motivators to ignore it.

1) The gym is right across the parking lot...and I pay for it in my rent.
2) My asthma is out of control.
3) Many of my friends have a new resolve to hit the gym. Why not me?
4) SPRING! Gotta buy new clothes...and bathing suits :P
5) I want to be able to keep up with the teenagers I'm taking to Costa Rica in a few months.
6)...yeah you get the picture.

What are you all deciding to do now that winter seems to be fading and Spring is bringing in the "new"?

4 comments:

  1. Wooo...good job Kassi! Way to go! I'm so proud of you! ;) I need to get a tan (since i DO live in ca), lose some weight, and look for ways to love God and serve others more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do NOT need to lose weight! But I LOVE your last one. It's so hard to keep life in balance sometimes...giving equal attention to the physical (appearance, material things, finances, earthly success) and the eternal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mhmm...i know what you mean. We get distracted a lot of times with the material and the physical because that's what we're told to care about. Haha. When in reality that's not what REALLY matters at all, is it? I am all for looking cute, being in style, maintaining a healthy/fit appearance, etc. but what am I doing for God? How am I serving those that surround me? That's what God's been teaching me about lately. He's been trying to teach me what a "living sacrifice" looks and acts like. Not an easy task. Let me tell you.

    ReplyDelete