Wednesday, March 17, 2010

New Kid

I was the new kid today. I went to my first day at the youth group to train to be a leader. And I felt so...out of place. I knew only one of the leaders who was very nice but also very busy. A few people said hi. But I felt like...the new kid. It's been a while since I've felt that alone in a room full of people like that.

People assumed I knew everything, which I didn't. Did I give them that impression? Was I too afraid to ask for help or ask for companionship? Was that my job?

Besides having new insight into how churches should make people feel welcome, I have a little more sympathy for people, especially kids, thrown into a new situation....new place...new responsibilities...new people. They seem to be expected to know everything or to ask questions if they need to. Forgot what it feels like to be scared to ask questions.

Learn from every situation, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment