Monday, March 15, 2010

Daddy \ Daughter Weekend

My dad came to visit this weekend. He used some lame excuse for a reason, but really I think he came down just to see me. I had forgotten how much I missed my parents. How much I missed the little things – someone to talk to in the car, someone to bounce ideas off of, someone to decide on TV shows with, someone to hold my hand.

And even as I’m writing this I’m brought to tears, cause I was reminding what it felt like to be taken care of. There were so many little things that he did for me that were huge to me simply because they spoke love.

- He had the foresight to bring a cooler full of meat – my freezer is now completely stocked. I could survive for 2 months during the Apocalypse and not want for food.

- He stopped at a store along the way and thought to pick me up some candy – those orange circus peanuts that I adore and my mom abhors. Guess it’s an acquired taste.

- He also picked me up a Kringle – a specialty pastry dish from his home town that just so happens to be sold here as well.

- He took me out to SUSHI!!! I love that he's willing to try anything.

- We went to the grocery store – I forgot how much more fun going shopping is if you simply have someone to go with. He picked up my grocery tab as well as his. He bought the supplies to make me a GIANT….

- LASAGNA! Yep…I have a dozen Tupperware containers filled with my dad’s amazing lasagna…which I will be eating for the next two weeks at least.

And that was just the first night. I went to work \ school the next day. When I got home he had:

- Taken CLR to my shower head and a few other random places in the house.

- Cleaned here and there.

- Fixed a cabinet door that was broken.

- Bought me a cheese slicer.

- And made me an apple pie, something I’d been meaning to do. But we got to cook together, and I learned a few tips from the master.

WITHOUT HAVING TO BE ASKED! Little things, right? Well it screamed LOVE to me, and I miss that. Thanks Daddy. I love you so much.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Kid,
    Thanks for having me and allowing me to do my dad thing. It is hard not having you around to help take care of, even though you have always been pretty good at taking care of your self.

    Love you!!! muchos
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading this! I don't have a place of my own yet, but when I go home my mom and dad always make sure I have everything I need....and yes I have food coming out of every nook and cranny here in this little room :) Being taken care of is something that I will cherish forever and I can't wait to have kids so that my parents can take care of them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You girls are very blessed. I have one parent who has the means to help take care of me/support me and won't. Granted that parent lives in Ohio. And one parent who would but has very limited resources to be able to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a wonderful father and mother too. Treasure them.

    ReplyDelete