Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Beginning

I still feel like I'm just starting a new chapter in life...even though I'm three quarters through my first year of teaching. Even though I've lived in this "new" town since August. Even though I graduated 10 months ago. Takes a while to get used to being a "big kid" I suppose.

And after wallowing in my frustrations of feeling like I'm standing still and just trying to survive as my life passes me by...I eventually realized that I have it all wrong. That all those little negatives are really not that big of a deal. I guess I'm just getting used to the fact that I'm no longer looking forward. There was always something in the future...middle school looked to high school...high school to college...freshman year looked to summer...sophomore looked to studying abroad...junior year to student teaching...senior year to graduation...graduation to a real job.

And here I am. Being forced live in the present. A lesson the Lord has been trying to teach me for QUITE some time. But I'm a stubborn child. And thank goodness He's a patient Father.

At New Year's, I made a Bucket List. Kind of a variation on the overdone New Year's Resolution. And one of my "To Do's" was to make a blog that people would actually want to read. So here goes nothing!

Hopefully the life of a beginning middle school Spanish teacher can be seen as extraordinary in the eyes of others...but more importantly I hope to make it come alive in MY eyes. So become a follower. Feel free to comment. Join me on the journey of life :)

4 comments:

  1. You hit the nail on the head Kassi! And how ironic is it that the person behind inspiring yout to write a bucket list is the first to comment on your blog? I am experiencing much of what you described in your first blog myself. You may have inspired me to start a blog :) Last month someone said I should start a teacher blog, but I don't know. I have no doubt that you are an amazing teacher and the first year is the hardest, with a steep learning curve. Blessings! BTW-Middle School Teachers ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seek the Lord and stay positive! In time you will find your groove, and it gets easier every year. Hang in there! I hope that someday you LOVE teaching middle school as much as I do! ;)
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have found that no matter what "career" you find yourself working in, God brings you many opportunities to make a huge impact for His kingdom. I pray that His favor would be with you as you take advantage of EVERY opportunity to touch the lives He has for you to touch! I think you're going to find that this middle-school teaching position is most definitely going to "come alive" all around you! I look forward to hearing what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! You have a blog. Become a follower of mine too. :D I'm excited to see/hear about the revelations that the Lord shows you, the funny, everyday occurrences, and everything else in between. Love you!

    ReplyDelete